About Nanami Paper
Hello! Thank you for browsing through my store. It is named after my daughter, Nanami, who is now 9 years old as of 2016. We live and work in Irvine, California.
Our focus is on high-quality, hard-to-find stationery items from Japan - mainly notebooks, pads, letter sets, and some pens, pencils and general office supplies. Most of our product is sourced wholesale, some of it is manufactured by our partners in the United States and Japan, and we also travel to Tokyo every year to look for one-of-a-kind, unusual and new items.
Thanks for looking, and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Destinations and Rates:
We ship to the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and many countries in Asia and Europe. Our objective is to estimate and charge, as close as possible, the actual cost of shipping. When checking out, you will see different options. One is a weight-based option, which is the actual cost based on our experience, and the other is the USPS-generated discounted rate, which is also based on weight. Sometimes our weight-based option is cheaper; sometimes the USPS rate is cheaper. Please look at both before making your choice!
From the time you receive your tracking number, it takes about 24 hours for status to update. It will take even longer during holidays. For example, if you receive the number on a Saturday night, and Monday is a holiday, you will probably be able to see the tracking update some time Tuesday evening.
Also, note that tracking is generally not available with First Class and International shipments.
- We try to charge the lowest rate possible. We do not make a profit on shipping. This is better for you and better for our business.
- When receiving the package we want you to have the feeling that it was professionally packed, with care. You should have confidence even before you open the box. We try to pack in a way that "cradles" the items, without them rattling around inside; not too tight, and not too loose. Just right.
- The package should be easy to open, and the items should be easy to get to. You should never in any way feel like you might damage something just by trying to open it.
- We do not use annoying materials like foam peanuts.
- We try to re-use the shipping materials our suppliers used to send us their goods. For this reason, and because of residual tape and tears, you may get the impression that some materials are used. However, we re-use only clean materials. About 10-20% of our shipments will contain some of this "recycled" filler. It is actually very time consuming to pack this way, but it reduces landfill and impact on the environment.
You may return most new, unopened, unused items within 10 business days for a refund. Please note that you are responsible for the return shipping costs, unless the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
If you need to return an item, please contact me and include your order number and what the issue is.
Regarding international shipping: Please note that due to high cost, there can be be absolutely no refunds on international shipping, for any reason.